Chapter 9: “Just Go Poop”
The title of this chapter may be a little less than elegant. The advice given from a young elementary school student to his ailing teacher, however, is quite sound. The letter he wrote, complete with excellent illustrations, is shown below. If I were the student’s teacher, I would grade the letter a C– for spelling, a B+ for art and an A+ for Naturopathic consultation.
In his article titled “The Flu” Dr. Regan Golob states “I think a flu begins and ends in the colon …”. In my personal experience, flu is the least of the problems caused by slow or stopped elimination. Here are a few other symptoms:
- Leg cramps.
- Abdominal pain.
- Shoulder(s) pop out of joint.
- Hip(s) pop out of joint.
- Feeling tired; no energy.
- Confusion; lack of focus.
- Low anger threshold. Irritability.
I often wonder how many shoulder and hip operations and how many lost jobs and unhappy relationships could have been avoided merely by a salt-water cleanse and a dietary change.
What is “Normal”?
Although few people who eat the Standard American Diet (SAD) will recognize this, “normal” for a person with a proper diet is a soft, easy, quick bowel movement soon after each meal.
“Natural” Cleansing Methods.
Every morning, before I drink or eat anything else!
Here are a few of the conventional natural methods of encouraging slow or stuck bowels:
- Water. One quart immediately after arising, another quart before noon. A third quart during the afternoon and evening. Even more if you are overweight.
- Prunes and/or prune juice.
- Raisins. Add to a green smoothie or hot, whole-grain, wheat-free cereal if you don’t like to eat them by themselves.
- High-fiber cereals that do not include wheat or other high-gluten grains.
- Salt water. 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon RealSalt or sea salt dissolved in 16 oz. of water. Follow immediately with another 8 to 16 oz. of clean water.
- Psyllium husk. 1 heaping teaspoon in 8 oz. of water. Stir and drink quickly (it sets up like fast-drying concrete).
- Wachters’ Sea-Klenz (http://abhealthshop.com) Contains Wachters’ special blend of organic sea vegetation and phyto-enzymes or apple-prune solids. Stir and drink quickly!
What to AVOID eating and drinking.
- Wheat, in any form other than sprouted, raw. This especially includes pizza, pasta, bread, crackers, breaded foods, wheat-based cereals. Many references suggest whole wheat breads and pastas. My experience is that no wheat at all is best.
- Cheese, especially with any form of wheat, like pizza, cheese sandwiches, cheese and crackers, macaroni and cheese, etc.
- Ice cream.
- Processed meats. (Any meat should be a minimal part of your meal, and should be eaten with non-starchy vegetables—refer to the food combining chart, page 17.)
- Soda pop.
- White foods (white rice, white potatoes, white flour).
What TO PREFER to eat and drink.
- Clean, room temperature water, and lots of it. At least one ounce per 2 pounds of body weight every day. Begin each day with at least 32 ounces of clean water.
- Herbal teas, especially Super Dieter’s Tea or other Senna-based tea.
- Fruit and fruit juices, especially water-full fruits like melons, peaches, pears, plums, prunes, grapes, apples, etc.
- Vegetables, especially raw leafy greens.
- Beans, including green beans.
- Yams and sweet potatoes.
- Brown rice.
- Dr. Golob’s Carrot Salad (http://www.abcompany.com/docgolob/recipes.htm).
- Dr. Beiler’s Healing Broth (http://www.abcompany.com/docgolob/recipes.htm).
- Millet and buckwheat.
- Whole grain cereals (without wheat).
Remember to Alkalinize!
- Beans, rice, prunes and most grains are acidifying. Restore your 80% alkaline balance with super-foods like Beiler’s Broth. (Equal portions of green beans, zucchini and celery steamed until tender, then cooled and blended into a liquid with a handful of raw parsley.)
Wisdom, from whatever source, is still wisdom!
- Heed the wise advice of the spelling-challenged student. Be certain each and every day that you “Just Go POOP!”